- Diploma in Anxiety Management with Distinction 2019
- Diploma in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Distinction 2016
- Diploma in Couples Counselling with Distinction 2013
- Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Distinction 2012
- Diploma of Higher Education in Counselling 2010
- First Class BA (Honours) Psychology degree 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2006
- First Class BA Human Sciences degree 2002
“I believe that the basic principles of genuine warmth, empathy, concern and positive regard are extremely effective in helping people to open up about their problems. And the relationship between the client and the counsellor is the most important factor in facilitating change within the client.”
My Ultimate Aim
In my work with you my client I will try to help you to integrate your mind, body and spirit so that you can a live happier and more harmonious existence. I am not here to tell you what to do but rather I will support you to make your own choices along the way.
I have enormous respect for each client’s unique individuality and personal qualities, abilities, experiences and knowledge. And through both my studies and personal life experience, I acknowledge the cyclical nature of psychological, emotional and physical health.
I have voluntary counselling experience at Sheffield MIND and North Derbyshire Women's Aid supporting victims of abuse. Both of these placements involved long-term counselling contracts. And I volunteered at Sheffield Central Health Clinic, supporting clients with reproductive issues. This work was more solution-focused, brief therapy. I have also worked for Brake The Road Safety Charity as a help-line operator which involved supporting people traumatically bereaved and/or injured in road crashes.